The Canadian College of Ayurveda & Yoga (CCAY) has been offering the most comprehensive Diploma of Ayurveda & Herbal Medicine in the Canada. The Canadian College of Ayurveda & Yoga (CCAY) was founded in 2016 by Vaidya Harish Kumar Verma, a well-known Ayurveda Practitioner, Teacher, Author and an Entrepreneur.
The College aims to provide the most up-to-date and comprehensive Ayurvedic medical education. Currently, the Canadian College of Ayurveda & Yoga offers a programme undergraduate part time Diploma (2 years). The curriculum is based on the WHO’s Benchmarks for Training in Ayurveda for Category I, Type I training for Ayurveda practitioners (2010), supported by the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy), India. The Diploma is unique in that it awards students with a certificate at the end of each year, enabling students to start practising professionally after the first year.
• History and Philosophy of Ayurveda
• Anatomy, Physiology and Principles of Ayurveda
• Exploring your Prakriti and your Vikriti
• Food as therapy and the cycles of life
• The 6 tastes and a diet for each season
• Agni: how to keep your digestive fire strong
• The 10 best herbs for you
• Dinacharya and optimal health
• Pranayama and the 5 sub-doshas of Vata
• Asanas and teaching a Vata reducing practise
• Basic Pulse Reading
• Ojas and Rasayana: herbs and other therapies
• Seasonal cleanse and Panchakarma
WHAT WE’VE ACHIEVED
Collaboration with SDM College. Hassan, Karnataka, India.